HMS Stalker

HMS Stalker

We are searching data for your request:

Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Wait the end of the search in all databases.
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.

HMS Stalker

HMS Stalker was an Attacker class escort carrier that took part in the Salerno landings in 1943, the invasion of the south of France and the liberation of Greece in 1944 and the liberations of Penang, Rangoon and Malaya during 1945.

The Stalker was built by the Western Pipe & Steel Corp, San Francisco. She was launched as USS Hamlin (CVE-15) and completed on 30 December 1942, having originally been laid down as a merchantman.


Early in 1943 the Stalker was used to ferry USAAF aircraft to North Africa. Stalker and Hunter then escorted a convoy to the UK, driving off one Fw 200 on the way. After arriving in the UK she underwent a refit, before in July undergoing intensive training to go to the Mediterranean.

The Stalker took part in Operation Avalanche, the naval part of the Salerno landings, forming part of Force V alongside the escort carriers Attacker, Hunter and Battler and the support carrier Unicorn, while the fleet carriers Illustrious and Formidable formed Force H. The escort carriers reached Gibraltar from the Clyde on 9 August, where they picked up their fighters - in the case of the Battler the Seafires of No.880 Squadron and a flight from No.833 Squadron. The carriers left Gibraltar on 8 September, and spent four days of Salerno, from 9 to 12 September. During this period Force V provided close air support for the landings, suffering heavy losses from accidents to the fragile Seafires. The aircraft moved onshore for operations on 13-14 September, rejoining their carriers after these two days.

After Avalanche the Stalker returned to the UK. Late in the year she was involved in the working up of the 4th Naval Fighter Wing, the fighter wing that operated from the escort carriers during Operation Dragoon and operations in Greece.


On 26 May Stalker, Attacker and Hunter arrived at Gibraltar, prior to taking part in the invasion of southern France. No.809 Squadron and its Seafires embarked on the Stalker prior to departure. During June and July 30% of the three carrier's aircraft were loaned to the Tactical Air Force in Italy to gain operational experience.

In August 1944 the Stalker took part in Operation Dragoon, operating as part of Task Force 88.2 alongside the Hunter, USS Tulagi and USS Kasaan Bay. Emperor, Attacker, Khedive, Pursuer and Searcher formed Task Force 88.1. During this operation the British carriers provided 166 fighters, losing less than 10% to enemy activity between 15-23 August. No.809 Squadron's Seafires operated from the Stalker during this operation.

The escort carriers were released on 28 August and sailed to Alexandria for repairs and replenishment, arriving early in September. They then took part in Operations Outing Cablegram and Contempt, a series of operations designed to isolate the German garrisons in the Aegean and Dodecanese. The Stalker took part in the main series of operations alongside Attacker, Hunter and Emperor.

In October 1944 the Stalker returned to Britain via Gibraltar. One month was spent at Devonport, before she returned to Gibraltar with No.809 Squadron (Seafire). The Stalker underwent a refit at Gibraltar.


The refit was completed by February 1945, and the Stalker sailed through the Suez Canal to join the East Indies Fleet, carrying No.809 Squadron and its Seafires. The Stalker had joined the fleet by the end of May, but at that date hadn't taken part in any operations.

Six British escort carriers were involved in Operations Bishop and Dracula, a long-planned amphibious invasion of Rangoon. Stalker formed part of the escort to the main assault convoy, alongside Hunter, Khedive and Emperor. This convoy left port on 30 April, and made an unopposed landing at the start of May. So little opposition was encountered that the carriers were released on 4 May, and carried out a series of attacks on the Tenasserim coast before bad weather intervened on 6 May.

Ameer, Khedive and Stalker took part in Operation Balsam, which involved photographic reconnaissance of airfields in southern Malaya on 16-20 June, followed by an attack on Medan and Bindjai airfields and Somawe Bay in north-east Sumatra on 20 June. Ameer provided No.809 Squadron, and attacked Lhokseumawe airfield, where its Seafires destroyed a Ki-43 and damaged a Ki-21.

On 17 August Shah, Attacker, Hunter and Stalker formed part of a fleet that left Trincomalee to support the occupation of Penang (Operation Jurist), which was completed without any opposition.

When the war ended the British were close to carrying out a major invasion of Malaya and Singapore, Operation Zipper. It was decided to conduct this operation as if it were an opposed landing, and seven escort carriers were allocated to the attacking force. Stalker formed part of Force 65, with Attacker, Hunter and Begum, while Empress, Emperor and Khedive formed Force 64. The operation began on 10 September and saw 100,000 troops land against minimal resistance, while on 11 September most of the fleet entered Singapore.

The Stalker was returned to the US Navy on 29 December 1945 and sold as a merchantman.


No.809 Squadron worked up on the Stalker in home waters in late 1943-early 1944, then embarked properly in May 1944 to move to the Mediterranean, where its Seafires took part in operations in North Africa and Italy. Some were detached to the Desert Air Force. The squadron took part in Operation Dragoon, before leaving the Stalker while she underwent a refit at Gibraltar from November 1944-February 1945. The squadron had a short spell on Attacker before return to Stalker in February/ March 1945 to join the East Indies Fleet. She operated from the carrier for the rest of the war apart from a spell detached to Shah in May 1945.

No.880 NAS

The Seafires of No.880 Squadron were onboard Stalker for Operation Avalanche in September 1943

No.833 NAS

A flight of Seafires from No.833 Squadron were onboard Stalker for Operation Avalanche in September 1943

No.1700 NAS

No.1700 Squadron was formed as an amphibian bomber-reconnaissance equipped with the Walrus and Sea Otter. It travelled to the Far East on Khedive between 8 January and 8 February 1945 and then dispersed onto Stalker, Hunter, Emperor, Ameer, Attacker, Shah and Khedive, performing mine-sweeping and search and rescue duties. It returned to shore bases at the end of the war.

Displacement (loaded)

10,200t standard
14,170t deep load

Top Speed




491ft 7in to 496ft 1in oa


18-24 aircraft
Two 4in/50 US Mk 9 guns in one two-gun mounting
Eight 40mm Bofors guns in four two-gun mountings

Crew complement



5 March 1942


30 December 1942

Returned to US

December 1945

Richard Ramirez

Richard Ramirez was an American serial killer who killed at least 14 people and raped and tortured at least two dozen more, mostly during the spring and summer of 1985. After developing epilepsy as a child, he became a heavy drug user and cultivated an interest in Satanism, which became a calling card for investigators at his crime scenes.ਊpprehended in August 1985, Ramirez was sentenced to death at the conclusion of his trial in 1989. He spent the remainder of his days at California&aposs San Quentin Prison, before dying from cancer on June 7, 2013, at age 53.

HMS Stalker (D91)

The USS Hamlin (CVE-15) was one of a large group of escort aircraft carriers built on Maritime Commission C-3 hulls and transferred to the Royal Navy under lend-lease during World War II. Launched by Western Pipe and Steel Company, San Francisco, California, 5 March 1942, as AVG-15, aircraft escort vessel, she was sponsored by Mrs. William H. Shea. Her designation was changed to ACV-15, auxiliary aircraft carrier, 20 August 1942, and she was acquired and simultaneously transferred to the United Kingdom 21 December 1942. Hamlin's designation was changed to CVE-15, escort aircraft carrier, 15 July 1943.

Renamed HMS Stalker (D91), the escort carrier played a vital part in allied operations in the Atlantic. She participated in the Salerno landings in September 1943, providing effective on the spot air support for assault forces. Stalker also took part in the important landings in southern France in August 1944. From March to April 1945 she was attached to the 21st Aircraft Carrier Squadron. Returned to the United States 29 December 1945, she was struck from the Navy Register 20 March 1946 and sold to Waterman Steamship Corp. of Mobile, Alabama, 18 December 1946. Waterman in turn sold her to the Netherlands in August 1947 where she was converted to the merchant ship Riouw. Later renamed Lobito in 1968, she was scrapped in Taiwan in September 1975.

HMS Stalker - History

Went to Pounds Shipyard in Portsmouth, moored up was HMS Stalker.

Some history compiled from various sources.

This vessel was built by Canadian Yarrow at Esquimalt, Canada in 1944 and was not completed until 1945. Stalker did not arrive in the UK until sometime in 1946. Therefore she and her Canadian built sisters, along with their British counterparts, were all built too late for WW2. After 1947 LST (Landing Ship - Tank) 3515 was commissioned into the Royal Navy as HMS Stalker, and was employed as a submarine support vessel and sent to Londonderry, Northern Ireland. She was at some point transferred to the then Royal Naval Base at Rosyth, Scotland where she carried on her role as a submarine support ship even after being transferred to Babcock Marine when the dockyard changed hands. According to official sources Stalker was placed on the Royal Navy’s scrap list in May 1970. Stalker became redundant from her position as a submarine support ship in 2002, when the repair of Nuclear Submarines stopped, and once again she was up for sale as scrap. Stalker finished up being transferred to Pounds Marine Shipping, Tipner, Portsmouth where she is still berthed today awaiting either scrapping or buying being restored.

Reasonably easy access and an interesting find. Asbestos removal is in progress, you will need a P3 mask to explore safely.

Foyle Port


The waters of the Foyle were flowing to the ocean long before man’s foot trod its banks. In early Irish history those waters carried the flimsy boats of fishermen and travellers. The latter included the Donegal monk, Colmcille, travelling to establish the monastery on the Scottish Island of Iona. Over the centuries since then, many from the North West have followed in his wake. Some travelled to Britain while others crossed the Atlantic to North America or sailed even farther afield to Australia and New Zealand.

Both Vikings and Normans used the Foyle. The Vikings sailed inland as far as Dunalong – the fort of the ships – in County Tyrone while the Normans established a stronghold at Greencastle and controlled Derry. The skeleton on the city’s coat of arms represents a Norman Knight of the de Burgo (Burke) family who built Greencastle.

In 1664 King Charles II granted a Charter to Londonderry Corporation giving it responsibility for the Port. Over the next 200 years shipping increased greatly with exports of linen and provisions, as well as emigration. In 1771 the city’s merchants owned 67 ships with a total tonnage of 11,000 tonnes.

Londonderry Port & Harbour Commissioners

In 1854 the Londonderry Port & Harbour Commissioners were established to take control of the port and the waters of the Foyle from the city to the mouth of the Lough Foyle. Thus began strategic development of the Port.

Within seven years the Commissioners had spent £150,000 to improve facilities. From the wooden bridge at the bottom of Bridge Street, to the new graving dock at Meadowbank, a line of quays was built. Other quays were built on the Waterside and tramways were laid to link up with the railways that connected the city to the rest of Ireland.

The graving dock allowed large vessels to be dry-docked for repair and was built at an angle to the river. Granite-walled and fitted with heavy oak gates, it cost £25,000 and came into use in February 1862. The McCorkell Line ship Zered was the first to be docked there while the next ship was the Cooke Line’s Doctor Kane. Both were local ships belonging to Derry-based shipping companies.

By this time the port was Ireland’s fifth largest and exports were increasing. The Foyle was home to a small shipyard and so locally built ships operated from the city. The revolutionary Great Northern, the first ever propeller-driven ship, was built by Captain Coppin in the city.

Coppin had turned to ship repairs by 1854 and used the graving dock for this purpose. When he closed his repair business in 1873 the Commissioners decided to create a shipyard. They spent £25,000 to turn the slob land beside the graving dock into a yard. Charles Bigger leased this new shipyard in 1886 and, over the next five years, built 25 steel-hulled sailing ships. Some, such as the Osseo for the McCorkell Line were built for local owners.

Trans-Atlantic Travel

The Allan Line began a weekly service from Liverpool to Canada in 1861. Ships called at Moville where local passengers could board. Mail was also taken aboard. Five years later the Anchor Line began a Glasgow-New York service which also called at Moville. The Allan Line service ended with the First World War but the Anchor Line, which became Anchor-Donaldson, continued sailings to Canada until 1939.

The liners that called at Moville carried many emigrants from these shores. These passengers boarded a tender at the Trans-Atlantic Shed on the quay and travelled down the Foyle to Moville where they transferred to the liner. Today’s Tourist Information Office stands almost on the site of the Trans-Atlantic shed.

The traffic across the Atlantic played a major part in the port’s growth. From 200,000 tonnes in 1866, the transatlantic service grew to its highest point of 940,000 tonnes in 1905. Averaging about 600,000 tonnes each year until 1931, it began dropping to half that figure by 1939 when the trans-Atlantic service ended.

UK Trade

The core of the Harbour’s trade during the 19 th century was cross-channel business. Between 1860 and 1910 tonnage increased from an annual 200,000 tonnes to just below 300,000. 1910 was the peak year for such traffic.

Both passengers and goods travelled by ship from the city to destinations in Britain such as Heysham, Fleetwood, Liverpool, Greenock and Glasgow. The Laird Line operated six passenger steamers each week to Heysham or Fleetwood. In addition the Belfast steamship company connected the City with Liverpool twice-weekly and G. & J. Burns and the Laird Line provided six sailings each week to Greenock or Glasgow.

Passenger services began declining in 1912 when the Fleetwood service ended. In 1922 passenger services to Liverpool ended, although cargo and livestock were carried until 1965. No passengers were carried to Heysham after the early 1930s but a cargo service operated until 1963.

In 1922 G. & J. Burns Ltd. and the Laird Line amalgamated to form Burns and Laird Lines Ltd. By 1930 the company had a sailing each weekday evening from Prince’s Quay to Glasgow. A passenger service to Glasgow continued to operate until September 1966 when Burns and Laird transferred the Laird’s Loch, their last passenger steamship, to the Dublin-Glasgow service.

Livestock was an important element of the shipping trade from Derry. In 1884 over 57,000 cattle almost 15,000 sheep and more than 19,000 pigs were carried to ports in Britain. Cattle exports through the Port increased from over 49,000 in 1918 to 91,000 six years later.

The passenger ships carried many emigrants as well as seasonal workers and businessmen. There were also holidaymakers, especially from Scotland, who continued to visit the North-West until the last passenger sailings in 1966.

The Foyle at War

During the Second World War Londonderry became the most important escort base in the UK. In mid-1940, following the German capture of the French Atlantic ports, convoys were routed through the North-West Approaches around Ireland’s north coast.

As Londonderry was the most westerly port in the UK, a naval base named HMS Ferret, was established here in June 1940. The old shipyard was re-activated and the graving dock extended to repair and maintain warships which guarded the Atlantic convoys. A new jetty was built at Lisahally (which means the Fort of the Fleet) and “dolphins”, or mooring points, extended along the quays.

Royal Navy and Royal Canadian Navy ships provided most of the Londonderry Escort Force. In February 1942 the United States Navy commissioned the US Naval Operating Base Londonderry. By mid-1943 there were about 150 ocean-going escort ships based here, more than Liverpool, Glasgow and Belfast combined, with over 25,000 British and Canadian naval personnel and 5,000 Americans. By 1945 the Canadians, with about 100 ships, were the mainstay of the base.

On 14 May 1945 Lisahally was chosen as the location for the official surrender of the German U-boat fleet when the first seven submarines were escorted upstream by three frigates from the Royal Navy, Royal Canadian Navy and United States Navy.

From 1947 until it closed in 1970, an Anti-Submarine school operated from Ebrington Barracks which was renamed HMS Sea Eagle, and HMS Stalker, a submarine depot ship nicknamed “HMS Neverbudge” by the locals.

Into the Future

With the city centre port becoming increasingly unsuitable for larger ships the Harbour Commissioners decided to relocate to Lisahally. The move was made in February 1993. The new deep-water port, with 440 metres of quayside and an eight-metre-deep channel can handle ships of over 62,000 tonnes and bulk cargoes.

Principal imports are grain from the United States and coal from Colombia and South Africa. Vessels carrying various cargoes including cement, logs and fertiliser also visit Lisahally from ports across Europe. A separate terminal handles oil tankers and has a capacity of 88,000 tonnes. Uniquely in Ireland it can handle four grades of fuel: Gas Oil, Kerosene, Low Sulphur Diesel and Unleaded Petrol.

In recent years Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners have established a number of diversified trading divisions including Foyle Marine Services a division set up to handle the Port’s dredging and towage services and to offer marine services externally to other ports. Foyle Consulting Engineers is a division set up to provide structural and civil engineering services while Foyle Engineering offers a steel fabrication service.

Today, Foyle Port is the key marine gateway in the North West for both Commerce and tourism and its strategic location means that the port can continue to serve the whole north western seaboard of Ireland.

Авіаносець «Сталкер» був закладений 6 жовтня 1941 року на верфі «Western Pipe and Steel Company». Викуплений ВМС США і переобладнаний в авіаносець типу «Боуг» під назвою «USS Hamlin (CVE-15)». Спущений на воду 5 березня 1942 року. Переданий ВМС Великої Британії, вступив у стрій під назвою «Сталкер» 21 грудня 1942 року.

Після вступу у стрій «Сталкер» використовувався як навчальний авіаносець.

У серпні 1943 року «Сталкер» прийняв авіагрупу і перейшов на Середземне море, де прикривав десантну операцію поблизу Салерно (вересень 1943 року). Потім корабель повернувся до Англії, де пройшов ремонт та підготував нову авіагрупу, після чого у травні 1944 року перейшов на Середземне море, де брав участь в десантній операції у Південній Франції (серпень 1944 року), завдавав ударів по берегових цілях в Егейському морі (вересень 1944 року).

Протягом грудня 1944 року - січня 1945 року авіаносець пройшов ремонт та модернізацію, після чого перейшов у Коломбо, де був включений до складу британського Східного флоту. З квітня до кінця війни авіаносець брав участь у бойових діях біля берегів Бірми, Суматри, Нікобарських та Андаманських островів.

29 грудня 19458року авіаносець був повернутий США, де 20 березня 1946 року він був виключений зі списків флоту і проданий для переобладнання на торгове судно, яке отримало назву «Riouw» (у 1968 році перейменоване на «Lobito»).

Characteristics Of The Stalker: Know What To Look For

When you think of the wordstalkerwhat comes to mind? Do you think violence and vengefulness? Do you think fear on the part of the stalker? Do you think about the stalker&rsquos lack of communication skills or even mental health problem(s)? Many people would agree that the first thing that comes to mind when they hear the word stalker is violence and vengefulness. Only a rare number of people would consider a stalker fearful and lacking in social skills. But many sweet boys next door can become a stalker for many reasons. Two reasons include mental health problems and lack of social skills.

One of the things we rarely discuss on this site are the characteristics of a stalker. But it&rsquos important to understand that they too struggle with mental health or personality disorders that motivates this problematic behavior. Believe it or not, many stalkers, due to mental health or personality disorders, are impaired and lack the ability to reason and engage appropriately with others. For the most part, individuals who would be labeled a stalker often suffer from a lack of social skills and finds communicating with others challenging. For the most part, men are the stalkers, but women can also become stalkers as well. About 80% of women are victims of stalkers.

According toMarshall Universitys Women Center, characteristics of the stalker can fall into 5 categories:

  • Relationship: These stalkers tend to stalk previous partners and desire a relationship with the person. In some cases, the stalker in this category may desire a relationship with an acquaintance. Individuals who fit the stalker description and has had negative relationships in the past, often meet criteria for a personality disorder such as narcissistic personality disorder, antisocial personality disorder or sociopathy (i.e., a sociopath), or dependent personality disorder.
  • Obsessed: This type of individual constantly thinks about the person they idolize. They might create a mental life involving the person and have a hard time imagining life without the person. You may have heard of the termerotomaniawhich describes a delusion in which the person believes that someone, usually of a higher social status (celebrity, powerful person, etc.) is in love with him or her. It is likely that someone suffering from schizophrenia may fall prey to the erotomanic delusion.
  • Rejected: Many stalkers have a history of challenging relationships and difficulty communicating with others. Some stalkers, especially if female, may meet criteria for borderline personality disorder in which rejection is often very difficult to cope with. This does not, however, describe all individuals with borderline personality disorder. However, it is likely that some individuals with this diagnosis could become a stalker due to a history of stormy relationships, roller coaster emotions, and unstable love affairs.
  • Intelligent: Marshall University claims that stalkers are intelligent and carefully plan their stalking behavior. Someone who falls into this category could meet criteria for sociopathy. Sociopaths are adept at planning their &ldquoattack&rdquo and controlling others with charm or acting with glib.
  • Motivated: Most stalkers believe that their object of desire is the only person they could ever love and tend to be motivated to pursue based on this type of thinking.

There are also common personality characteristics of the stalker that are important to understand. These include:

  1. Narcissistic behaviors
  2. Selfishness
  3. History of domestic violence
  4. Inability to cope with rejection
  5. Obsessive, controlling, and compulsive
  6. Impulsivity
  7. Suffering from delusions or a severe mental illness that interferes with perception of reality
  8. Jealousy
  9. Manipulative behaviors
  10. Sexually maladaptive behaviors
  11. Deceptiveness
  12. Socially awkward, uncomfortable, or isolated
  13. Has a history of falling in love instantly
  14. Depends on others for a sense of self-worth
  15. Low self-esteem
  16. Tempermentalness

Can you think of any characteristics that might fit a stalker?

It is important to keep in mind that stalkers are not always individuals who are suffering from mental health or personality disorders, but that the possibility is very high. Most stalkers fit the criteria of sociopaths and narcissists. They are charmers, they have a way with words (although their words are often shallow and insincere), and they sometimes have a sex appeal or attractiveness that blinds victims to their true intent. The difficulty lies in trying to determine if someone is a stalker and if so, what type of stalker they are.

Stalker History

At the LISK’s core, he is a stalker. His stalking behavior is evident before and after he murders his victims. He has had many, many, many years to perfect his stalking behaviors. Dennis Rader (BTK) was a stalker, and someone I have studied with the help of John Douglas, FBI Criminal Profiler. I believe LISK is almost identical to BTK. During Rader’s sentencing hearing, he went into great detail on the “what” and “why” and “how” he chose, stalked, detained, and killed each of his victims. (YouTube Documentary on Dennis Rader) It was through my study of Dennis Rader that I was able to understand the psychology of LISK. It was also the reason why I highly suspected Dr. Charles Peter Hackett to be my own #1 POI.

When I came upon the case after watching the 48 Hours Mystery episode mentioning Dr. Hackett, I was intrigued how he could be ruled out as a POI so quickly. I wanted to know more about this particular man, and went on a search for what information was out there on him. That is when I came upon a particular thread titled “The Last Happy Hour” on WS started by “truthspider”, who was also featured in an article in the UK GQ Magazine.

Truthspider was a Long Island resident and backed his information up with links and articles and made interesting observations of Dr. Hackett’s father’s book The Last Happy Hour, which I have also read, myself. There was a lot of controversy between members stemming from this particular thread and discussion. Three major articles of discussion were written in Newsday in 1997. The first, an obituary for Charles J. Hackett:

Newsday (Melville, NY)
September 13, 1997

Section: NEWS
Page: A27

Index Terms: OBITUARY.

Charles Hackett, Administrator
Author: John J. Giuffo. STAFF WRITER

Article Text: Charles Joseph Hackett, a retired administrator at Hempstead General Hospital, died Tuesday at Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center, West Islip. He was 87. Mr. Hackett had been admitted to Good Samaritan Hospital for four days in early August after suffering a stroke. Mr. Hackett had a wide variety of occupations throughout his life, including that of banker , tugboat captain in World War II , hospital comptroller , poet , author and administrator . Mr. Hackett was born in Flatbush in 1909. He attended Columbia University and worked as a banker at Brown Brothers Harriman in Manhattan before enlisting in the Army in 1941 . While in the Army, he rose in rank from a private in field artillery to a major in military intelligence . Before leaving the Army, he served as a trial judge advocate and as provost marshal of the 11th Airborne, where he prosecuted German war criminals , among others. Having served in the European theater for four years , he stayed in Biarritz, France, after the war to pursue graduate study at the American University there. He returned home in 1946, attended Columbia’s graduate program in hospital administration in 1952 , and was soon employed as the comptroller of the Hackensack Medical Center in Hackensack, N.J . It was there during the early 1950s he met his future wife, Maryellen. They were married in February, 1955. She died a year later from complications arising from the birth of their only son, Charles Peter. Mr. Hackett later moved to Marysville, Ohio, where he was the vice president of the Scott Lawn Seed Company . He left Ohio a year later and moved to Ogunquit, Maine, in 1960 , where he lived for two years as he wrote a novel, “The Last Happy Hour,” about a hospital administrator bringing up a son by himself. “My father would never admit that any of it was anything but fiction,” said his son, who lives in Point Lookout. In 1962, Mr. Hackett moved to West Islip, and to Point Lookout in 1969. In 1991, he moved to Oak Beach, where he remained until his death. He was the executive director of Hempstead General Hospital from 1962 to 1986, and a professor of hospital administration at the C.W. Post Campus of Long Island University from 1974 to 1984. “He was a consummate gentleman. A man of very old traditions,” his son said. Mr. Hackett would often attend the yearly Breadloaf Conference in Middlebury, Vt., where he would study poetry with the likes of Robert Frost and Jack Kerouac. He also ran five to 10 miles a day until the age of 80. “He was very dedicated to the quality of health care, both in the region and in the country,” said his son, and he often spoke out for equal access to health care for all Americans. He was Hofstra University’s Man of the Year for 1977 . Mr. Hackett was also president of the Hempstead Chamber of Commerce from 1972 until 1974 . In addition to his son, Mr. Hackett is survived by two granddaughters and a grandson. Services were held Wednesday at the O’Shea Funeral Home in Wantagh. Mr. Hackett was buried Thursday at the Maryrest Cemetery in Mahwah, N.J.

Copyright (c) 1997 Newsday, Inc.
Record Number: 964427837

This obituary was written by Dr. Charles Peter Hackett, liar extraordinaire. There are so many inconsistencies and bold-faced lies, to go through each one took a lot of time. To really understand, you would have to know that Hackett’s father’s highest education was 8th grade.

  1. “…attended Columbia University…”8th grade education
  2. The ENTIRE portion of “Army, tugboat captain, field artillery, military intelligence, trial judge advocate, provost marshal of the 11th Airborne, and prosecuted German war criminals” is a maddening lie after lie after lie after lie that is so outrageous it’s indescribable. The lies don’t even make logical sense.
  3. “…vice president of the Scott Lawn Seed Company…” is easily verifiable to not having been Charles J. Hackett-ever. (Not as easy to verify in 1997, though, without Google searches.)
  4. “…comptroller of the Hackensack Medical Center in Hackensack, NJ.” Since he had no higher education, or even a high school education, if he had been employed there, it was based on a lie.
  5. “…married in February, 1955…” The 1940 Census has Charles J. Hackett “married”, the age of Mary Hackett states 48, but in 1940, the mother of Charles Peter Hackett would have been approximately 13, while his father was 32. Charles J. Hackett had a sister that was 2 years older, also named Mary. Sometimes, the written Census is transcribed with an error, and it appears that may be the case here. The number 4 was likely typed onto the transcribed report in error, instead, it is likely the number on the written Census was 1 for 18 (although, that age would still be a lie).
  6. “…he wrote a novel, “The Last Happy Hour,” about a hospital administrator bringing up a son by himself .” Charles Peter Hackett sates, “My father would never admit that any of it was anything but fiction.” This is the first honest statement. The book was about his father’s life, although his father would only ever admit it was fiction, but there were many truths written in that book. His father wrote about “converting whores“. That was the biggest bomb in the entire psyche of Charles Peter Hackett. His father would also take his young son to Atlantic City to gamble and have sex with those “whores” he talked about “converting”.
  7. “…the executive director of Hempstead General Hospital from 1962 to 1986…” He was an administrator.
  8. “…professor of hospital administration at the C.W. Post Campus of Long Island University from 1974 to 1984.” If he was, it was on a faked degree.
  9. “…Hofstra University’s Man of the Year for 1977.” Pulled out of thin air.
  10. “…president of the Hempstead Chamber of Commerce from 1972 until 1974.” He must have had an incredibly long resume for only having an 8th grade education.

With such exaggerations in his father’s book, it’s no wonder why Charles Peter Hackett was so creative with his father’s obituary. In 1997, Hackett couldn’t foresee being able to pick apart each and every lie with ease.

What does this have to do with stalking? Well, it takes a look into the history to be able to understand Charles Peter Hackett’s mother, Mary Ellen Ryan.

Mary Ellen Ryan was born into a seemingly intelligent, successful family in West Caldwell, NJ. Her father, Eric J. Ryan was a very well respected doctor who graduated from McGill University in Montreal Canada, and her mother, Mary Catherine (Gude) Ryan was a nurse. She was the second of 4 children. Her older brother, Eric J. Ryan Jr., became an art teacher, and her brother Kevin Ryan, a doctor who received his degree from Harvard. She also had a sister, Denise.

I believe that at the time of Charles Peter Hackett’s father’s death, he knew his mother’s family history. If Charles J. Hackett played a part in his wife’s death in 1956 (weeks after the birth of her son), it would make a lot of sense that Charles Peter Hackett never got to know his mother’s side of the family, and likely believed all stories his father told him. If he found out otherwise, it may have fueled his anger and his own father may have died of unnatural means similarly to his mother.

Back to the history lesson… CPH and his wife met in Point Lookout/Lido beach some time close to Jr. High, where her father, Chief Wondsel with the Point Lookout/Lido Beach Fire Department, likely gave CPH his first job as a volunteer fire fighter. That job was the beginning of his double-life living. On one hand, CPH appeared to be a “hero” of sorts, saving lives. On the other hand, he was stalking his prey (in bars, on the beach, in strip clubs, etc.) and taking lives, like Tina Foglia in 1982 and Patricia Costello in 1986 (strangled, but made to look like a suicide). His “hunt” is the most appealing part of who he is. That is what he thrives on.

Trial and error. When he first began his murderous ways, he didn’t have access to information through the internet like we do now. I can find so much on people just by utilizing a Google search. (This is how he was able to obtain information about me and my family-more on that later.) He stalked his victims in person. He spent his time at the bar “getting to know” a woman. It’s not that hard to do with some women, especially when they’ve had several cocktails. When he went to the strip clubs, he put on an act that he was interested in getting to know the woman. She would be flattered that he was not just there to look at her body. In his mind, though, he was gathering information on her vulnerability and how close she was to her family and how risky she would be if he murdered her- would family look for her, was she from the area, did anyone know where she was. He also believed these women were “whores”, even if they didn’t do any sexual acts, they were “easy” to him, and therefore, a “whore”. He quickly learned that, although these women may have told him what they thought he wanted to hear (actual interest, perceived interest, effort to be paid more money…), family members did search for these victims. They were too risky. He had to change his ways.

Drug addicted women, transient women, and prostitutes were his “safest” victims. First, he trolled the streets in seedy areas of Brooklyn. With that, came another risk he hadn’t anticipated-being seen. He didn’t kill every prostitute he went to, and he likely went to many. This was part of his addictive personality. He was addicted to the attention and ego-stroking from these women. It wasn’t always about sex. His wife likely emasculated him, and he enjoyed the conversation and stroke of his ego from these women. Because of his overblown ego and narcissism, he thought they were being honest, but they just wanted money. At some point, he probably believed he “fell in love” with one of these women, and that may be the mother/child victim. This infuriated him more than ever, and he probably went on a killing spree of this woman’s pimp, ex boyfriends, and anyone he believed she had been with (real or imagined).

By 2004, Craigslist and UG were in full swing and soon everyone had a MySpace page. Finding information on the women he chose to kill became a job to him. He would spend hours at the computer searching, stalking, and he would employ the “services” of the women he chose, and leave a review on UG. He would create fake pages for the women he picked, he would create fake ads for the women, and he did so for his own “fun”. He likely scared some women he had chosen to victimize, but decided against killing them after meeting them. He pretended to be black men. He pretended to be women. He pretended to be concerned. He pretended to know-it-all. He pretended to be an animal lover. Through the use of the computer, he could pretend to be anyone, and did. He didn’t just victimize women, he tried on men, too. He had to up his ante since he had been doing the same thing for so long. He started taking more risks.

Either because of the lack of an excuse to his wife to be gone long hours to dismember or that it just became too time consuming and unnecessary, made him change his MO to include taunting phone calls. Looking at his pattern of stalking, he probably stalked his victims long before killing them. He “got to know them”, followed them around in his cars (pretending to be a police officer using his “PBA card and courtesy shield), read their reviews, found out about their pimps/boyfriends, found them on Facebook, got access to their info (by fooling them into believing they won something or other ways to get them to give their personal info) over the phone using icall (calling the numbers from their ads), placed ads for puppies for sale, got access to family member’s numbers through spoof apps, read blogs, reviews, websites they liked, stole their pictures, placed ads using their pictures, created Facebook pages long before he victimized them, etc. He used every means possible to stalk his victims. The stalking (before and after) is his game. The internet has become his playground.

Since 2010, he has had to change, again, how he goes about his murders. His change is by choosing victims who are likely to be labeled a “suicide” (mental disorders, history of depression, tumultuous relationship, etc.), or labeled a victim of their ex, or a runaway, etc. The stalking continues, including listening to the phone calls of the women he chooses. A woman talking to her best friend or mother or sister may reveal intimate details of her daily life. She may just be venting about something, but he takes it seriously. When Natasha Jugo says to her mother she thinks she’s being followed, it may be that she was, not that she’s schizophrenic or running away or faking her death. Someone listening to her phone calls may have information that she has/had been on medications or that she has/had tried certain drugs. If her phone had been accessed by a spoof app, the person behind that may have spoofed a friend’s phone, sending a text in the middle of a Saturday afternoon to meet up at Gilgo Beach.

Stalking his victims is this killer’s job. That is what every waking moment is about when he is not out killing.

The experience of having this stalker stalk me and my family has opened my understanding of the lengths this killer would go through to keep me silenced on pointing out what I was seeing on WS and the LISK site, to keep me silenced on who was behind it, to keep me silenced on his many murders that I was (and continue) pointing out, to keep me silenced on the methods he’s used/using to continue with his crimes (ie. using the identities of other people, putting misinformation to the media, etc.). To keep me silenced is not an easy task-for anyone. If you couldn’t tell from my blog, I’m not a wallflower, and I can have a big mouth when I get passionate about something. Someone using harassment, threats, intimidation and unintelligent insults to keep me quiet does quite the opposite. It only fuels the fire in me to get louder and spread the word. I will not stop until this stalker/murderer is in jail. I’m hot on his trail, whether he wants to believe so or not. I am, and I’ve given the information to the police (local to me, local to him, Federal, DOJ, lawyers, private investigators, and random friggen people I meet when I’m out to further protect me and my family and my friends and extended family).

He will probably put out there that Iam stalking him and put out some crazy misinformation about me, my husband, my family members, etc. What the public perceives of me, at this point, is completely irrelevant. My statements, my whereabouts, my husband’s whereabouts, and any/all MISinformation can all be proved/disproved should the public decide they would like to find out for themselves or police question the authenticity. A comment has been made that the FBI is investigating myself and husband. I hope that is the case, because if they are, they are listening in on every conversation I have giving more and more and more and more evidence that points to Charles Peter Hackett, D sick O. The FBI can actually do something with the evidence I’ve uncovered and shared. (Yes, I’ve absolutely shared the information with the FBI.)

So while Hackett is stalking his next victim, I am uncovering more and more evidence to hand to the FBI. I’ve also employed a private investigator to keep an eye on him so he can’t hurt another human being. Hope he enjoys looking over his shoulder to see who is following him. The PI is VERYgood at his job, and he won’t even know he’s being watched. I hope he has a good stash of groceries. He can’t keep his Forester in the one-car garage forever.


The Stalker seems to have a fondness for metal it will approach metal objects such as Metal Salvage, Silver Ore, and Titanium, pick the object up with its mouth and drop it again after carrying it for a short time. Sometimes when it picks an object up it will drop one of its teeth. It may also drop them when grabbing a Camera Drone or attacking a Seamoth. These teeth are required for creating Enameled Glass which is needed to make a Cyclops and other advanced objects. Stalkers will sometimes place metal salvage in a certain area with other pieces. The player can use this as a means of distraction to give the player time to escape so it is recommended to carry metal, or peepers when planning on entering the creepvine forests.

Stalkers can grab Camera Drones (as mentioned above), including ones housed in their sockets on the Scanner Room and will carry them in their mouths similarly to Metal Salvage. During this time the drones are incapacitated.

Being predators, Stalkers will attempt to chase and eat nearby Peepers and other small prey. They will also attack the player upon close encounters with each bite dealing 30 damage. The player should be cautious while exploring Kelp Forests to avoid getting attacked by surprise, as Stalkers often form small groups that will lurk in the dense Creepvines.

At night, besides being more difficult to spot due to being one of only two non-bioluminescent creatures in the game, Stalkers become more aggressive and have a wider aggressive radius, so it is advised to avoid swimming near Kelp Forests at night without adequate protection.

Stalkers can be found guarding or lurking near their Eggs and will attack if the player gets too close.

Spoiler alert: The following section contains story related material.

The Stalkers inside Primary Containment Facility's Aquarium are not hostile to the player, and are thus not a threat, although they will still steal cameras.

Alleged Stalker Has a Court History

A woman arrested for allegedly harassing, stalking and extorting money from New York Yankees general manager Brian Cashman is a British native who has been in and out of American courts for years.

Louise Neathway, who also goes by the last name Meanwell, was arrested Wednesday at her Leonard Street home in Manhattan and arraigned Thursday on charges that she extorted $6,000 from Cashman and asked for more, in addition to stalking and harassing him.

A lawyer for Neathway said she denies the allegations. She has pleaded not guilty.

A statement released by a spokesman said Cashman is "very gratified that this matter is in the hands of law enforcement." The Yankees declined to comment.

Prosecutors said Neathway was convicted in 2011 of felony trespass in New Jersey for a series of incidents from 2008, including a breach of an order of protection, and later failed a diversionary program, resulting in her being placed on probation, according to prosecutors.

Continue reading your article with a WSJ membership

Watch the video: STALKER (February 2023).

Video, Sitemap-Video, Sitemap-Videos